What’s in these terms?
This Acceptable Use Policy sets out the content standards that apply when you upload content and data (Input Material) to MOT Juice, make contact with other Authorised Users, link to MOT Juice (if permitted), or interact with it in any other way. This Policy supplements the terms of our MOT Juice Terms & Conditions
of Supply and End User Licence Agreement (EULA)
By using MOT Juice services, you accept these terms
By accepting these terms and using MOT Juice, you confirm that you accept the terms of this policy and that you agree to comply with them. If you do not agree to these terms in their entirety you must not use MOT Juice.
We may make changes to the terms of this policy
We amend these terms from time to time. Every time you wish to use MOT Juice, please check these terms to ensure you understand the terms that apply at that time. These terms were most recently updated in August 2019.
You must only use MOT Juice where it is safe to do so, and you may use MOT Juice only for lawful purposes. You may not use MOT Juice:
- In any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation;
- In any way that breaches any applicable professional code or regulations;
- In any way that is unlawful or fraudulent or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect;
- For the purpose of harming or attempting to harm anyone in any way;
- To send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use or re-use any material which does not comply with our content standards;
- To transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam);
- To knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware;
- You must also not use MOT Juice in a space or environment that is unsuitable for its use or where it is unsafe to do so.
You also agree:
- Not to reproduce, duplicate, copy or re-sell any part of MOT Juice in contravention of the provisions of our MOT Juice Terms and Conditions of Supply or EULA.
- Not to access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt:
- any part of MOT Juice;
- any equipment or network on which MOT Juice is stored;
- any software used in the provision of MOT Juice; or
- any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third-party, and
- To adhere to reasonable data use as regards MOT Juice Asset Library made available to you and for downloads.
We may from time to time provide interactive services on MOT Juice, including, without limitation:
- User feedback.
- Live or online service support.
Where we do provide any interactive service, we will provide clear information to you about the kind of service offered, if it is moderated and what form of moderation is used (including whether it is human or technical).
We will do our best to assess any possible risks for users from third parties when they use any interactive service provided on MOT Juice, and we will decide in each case whether it is appropriate to use moderation of the relevant service (including what kind of moderation to use) in the light of those risks. However, we are under no obligation to oversee, monitor or moderate any interactive service we provide via MOT Juice, and we expressly exclude our liability for any loss or damage arising from the use of any interactive service by a user in contravention of our content standards, whether the service is moderated or not.
We do not allow people under 18 to use MOT Juice without our express permission.
Where we do moderate an interactive service, we will normally provide you with a means of contacting the moderator, should a concern or difficulty arise.
These content standards apply to any and all Input Material which you contribute to MOT Juice, and to any interactive services associated with it.
The Content Standards must be complied with in spirit as well as to the letter. The standards apply to each part of any Contribution as well as to its whole.
MOT Juice will determine, in its discretion, whether a Contribution breaches the Content Standards.
Input Material must:
- Be accurate (where it states facts).
- Be genuinely held (where it states opinions).
- Comply with the law applicable in England and Wales and in any country from which it is posted.
Input Material must not:
Breach of this policy
- Be defamatory of any person.
- Be obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory.
- Promote sexually explicit material.
- Promote violence.
- Promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age.
- Infringe any copyright, database right or trademark of any other person.
- Be likely to deceive any person.
- Breach any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence.
- Promote any illegal activity.
- Be in contempt of court.
- Be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety.
- Be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person.
- Impersonate any person or misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person.
- Give the impression that the Input Material emanates from the Service Subscriber who has given you access to MOT Juice, or any other entity if this is not the case.
- Advocate, promote, incite any party to commit, or assist any unlawful or criminal act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
- Contain a statement which you know or believe, or have reasonable grounds for believing, that members of the public to whom the statement is, or is to be, published are likely to understand as a direct or indirect encouragement or other inducement to the commission, preparation or instigation of acts of terrorism.
- Contain any advertising or promote any services or web links to other websites or platforms.
When we consider that a breach of this acceptable use policy has occurred, we may take such action as we deem appropriate.
Failure to comply with this acceptable use policy constitutes a material breach of the Terms and Condition of Supply or EULA upon which you are permitted to use our site, and may result in our taking all or any of the following actions:
- Immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use MOT Juice.
- Issue of a warning to you and your Service Subscriber.
- Legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach.
- Further legal action against you.
- Disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary or as required by law.
We exclude our liability for all action we may take in response to breaches of this Acceptable Use Policy. The actions we may take are not limited to those described above, and we may take any other action we reasonably deem appropriate.
Which country’s law apply to any disputes?
The terms of this policy, its subject matter and its formation (and any non-contractual disputes or claims) are governed by English law and the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.